- Ownership of Goods
Goods supplied remain the property of Tile and Carpet Centre until they have been paid for in full by the purchaser.
- All goods are carefully inspected prior to dispatch. In the event that defects resulting from faulty material (agreed by the manufacturer as per warranty which the purchaser is familiar with), the Company will replace such defective goods prior to their having been laid or fixed to a surface but accepts no responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damages arising from such defects. No claim of any nature whatsoever will be entertained once the goods have been laid or fixed.
- Variations in shade and calibration are inherent in all kiln fired products and no responsibility will be accepted by the Company for any colour variation in the product we supply, it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the Tiler checks that shade variations are acceptable before tiles are laid. No claims will be accepted after tiles are laid.
- No claims whatsoever will be entertained for commercial, second or third grade products
- No claims whatsoever will be entertained for adhesive failure.
Any claim for damage in-transit or shortage in delivery must be endorsed on the relevant delivery note. Claims for damage in transit, shortage in delivery or non-delivery by other carriers are the responsibility of the purchaser and should be submitted by the relevant claims office within the specified period and not by Tile and Carpet Centre.
No liability or discrepancies will be considered unless these are notified within 2(two) day of receipt of goods.
The Company reserves the right to alter prices, terms and conditions of sale without prior notice.
Good returned for credit must be in the original packaging and must be in the same condition as when supplied. The return of such goods is entirely at the Company’s discretion and it is mandatory that high original purchase voucher be produced when goods are returned. A 10% handling charge will be levied for goods correctly supplied.
- For any goods sold which are not in stock, the Company shall not be held responsible for any delay in delivery of the goods or for any damages arising.
- The seller does not warrant that the goods sold are suitable for the purpose they have been bought for and that is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that the goods are suitable for the purpose they have been bought for.
- Goods purchased and not collected within 30days shall be sold to defray expenses.